The village hall was officially opened for the residents of Charwelton parish on 2nd November 1922, the hall building was originally a cottage and was kindly donated by The Knightley’s of Fawsley to the parish. In 1987 the village hall was registered with The Charity Commission and has been run by a village hall committee ever since, who are elected each year by the parishioners at an Annual General Meeting.
On average the village hall costs about £2,000 a year to maintain and the committee meet each month to help provide the village community with a number of different fundraising events to keep the village hall running. The principle of the village hall is to provide the residents of Charwelton with a place to meet and socialise and this has been the sole purpose since 1922 and is still the primary reason for running the village hall today.
We are always looking for new volunteers for the committee to help us maintain this wonderful village facility so please let us know if you can help in anyway.
Janet Stanley – T: 01327 262553
Chris Gibbs – T: 01327 260700
Polly Barnard – T: 01327 261251
Hire the village hall
Hire rates: £10 per hour for villagers £12 per hour for others £50 per day Maximum capacity – 80 people Equipment hire also available